Monday, November 2, 2009

Welcome!

I have never written a blog before. Actually, I never intended to have one (specially not in a foreign language) when I learned about them in my New Media class in college. But remember..never say never...

It all started the day I went to the movies to see Julie & Julia, the great and funny movie with Meryl Streep (one of my favorite actresses) as the talented Julia Child and the promising Amy Adams, playing Julie Powell (and my Inspiration Girl #1).

I have to tell you a little bit about me for you to understand my point here. One of my biggest passions (apart from Scrapbook) are MOVIES. And I know there are people who can say the same, but the way movies make me feel is something I consider very special. To say the least, I have to go to the movies at least once a week or I start to feel like there´s something missing. Also, I´m known to be a very emotional and sensitive girl, and to say that I cry in every movie I see is not an exaggeration. But I just have some special connection with them: if it´s a drama, I feel the pain of the characters; if it´s a thriller, I bite my nails or break my partners hand; if it´s a comedy, I enjoy it and feel part of it like one of the characters myself. I´m telling you, every time I watch a movie I have a special moment in my life that makes me wonder of things, gives me ideas, put me in a reflective mood or even inspire me.
Exactly like Julie Powell did that night. As soon as the movie was over, I turned to my boyfriend and spilled out:
I´m going to start my own blog!

First thing in the morning I started to research all the blogs I could, but started to feel overwhelmed with the amount of blogs out there. So I had to be more specific with my research, I had to pick a theme.
I thought of blogging about movies, but let´s face it: Yes, I have a major in Film, Media and Communication but who wants to read about MY opinion in movies (although, I will be giving my opinion here about the ones I get to watch, I can´t help it...everything in my life I relate with movies!)
My next thought was to write about my personal life and the adventures I´m living in it. Right, who wants to read about my personal life either! Yes, I have a few interesting and crazy stories, but they will be told along the way.

So that left me with the one passion I´m very proud of and wouldn´t mind to share: SCRAPBOOK!
I had no idea this was such a trend! There were hundreds if not thousands of scrapbook blogs out there.
So I start to loose hope on anyone noticing there´s a new Scrapbook blog out there...until I got to my Inspiration Girls #2 and #3.
Robyn and Leah were my teachers along the way. I started reading their blogs (the first blogs I follow ever!) and was impressed that they have been doing these for 3-4 years! And look at all those followers they each have.
http://www.mypinkstamper.com/     (Robyn)
http://lifeaslou.blogsome.com/          (Leah)

Wow! I want to have that too. These girls are so authentic, so real, so passionate about blogging and scrap-booking. I had to learn more about them, and follow their example.
I really admire these girls, I have no idea how they do it. Leah is a wife and a mother of 3 and Robyn is a wife and a mother of 5! and they can still write e-mails back! (I can prove it, hahaha). Thank You Girls! For being my inspiration!

First lesson: every time I think I can´t write today, I´ll just think about them...because if THEY can (with houses, children, loundry, husbands), I can.

My Inspiration Girl #4 is Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of my new favorite book Eat, Pray, Love. One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia.
Please, if you haven´t read it, do it now! I think every woman should do so. For me it was inspirational, reflective, useful, wise and taught me so many things about life and myself.
This book was my inspiration for my blog´s name Eat, Love, SCRAP! 
I too, am a woman in search for everything around the world (you´ll learn more about this in other posts ;) So thank you Liz, for opening my eyes and inspiring me through this time of uncertainty in my life.

2 comments:

Marcela Jaquet said...

Hola Claudia, que tal?
Primero que nada milgracias por visitar mi blog. Siempre es tan agradable leer los mensajitos de las amigas scraperas.
Para los slides tienes que cambiar las medidas, en un principio te sugiere pequeño mediano y grande, pues alli veras que esas sugerencias tienen unas medidad. Cambiselas y descubriras que puedes crearlo vertical u horizontal. No todos los marquitos te aceptan el jueguito, pero si le haces sin marco creo que puedes lograrlo tambien. Espero haberte ayudado.

Marcela

Ngan R. said...

Hi Claudia,

This is awesome...I wish you many great adventures as you start blogging about your scrapbooking and life. I am a card-maker and read blogs constantly for ideas so don't be shy to share them!

Btw, I keep meaning to watch Julie & Julia! You just reminded me to put it on my waitlist. Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails