Saturday, November 7, 2009

Seasons Project!

For the past four months of living in Chicago I have had a looooot of free time -being jobless and all, but I have used my time wisely.


My dad told me once that "if you never want to get bored, always bring a book with you".  Reading has been a great way to feel like I´m doing something productive instead of feeling like a bum watching TV all day long. A friend recommended a great book I have been reading and following that has brought me a lot of joy and results in my life and I want to share it with you:
Who will cry when you die?  
by Robin Sharma

Another thing that has become a great way to fill my day but yet feeling it was productive, is a word we all know called "research".  Of course I have always googled stuff, but I´m talking about real research. The kind of research that you spend long hours on a subject: reading about it, watching videos about it, checking out reviews about it, until a few hours later, when you feel good about yourself and about learning one more thing out of the thousands of possibilities out there. In a way you are homeschooling yourself with nothing more than a computer and internet connection.  
;) Thanks for teaching me that honey!

But my favorite and most beloved way to spend my time on is scrapbooking, obviously. And even more now that I have my new favorite best friend, my Cricut Expression.
I´m just getting to know it, that´s how a friendship starts, right? You start very gentle, trying not to be too forward but with a lot of interest on what that person, in this case bug, has to share with you...and you with it.

That´s exactly how this is going, I´m trying to be very gentle with it for I don´t want to brake it, I treasure it so much. Here is 3/4´s of my first project with getting to know my bug. The last one I´m missing I will be posting it later, when winter gets here.


For the title I used the Lyrical Letters Cartridge. Capital Alphabet with shift on. For the pics I cut them with center point and used the Layers with shift on the Merry Christmas button, in the Joys of the Season Cartridge. Pasted the thin ribbons, the thick one and the artificial flowers with my favorite Staples glue tape.


This entire scrapbook was made with the Life is a Beach Cartridge. I wanted to make it look fresh and alive, so the tip is not to paste all the elements flat...like you can see with the waves and the octopus.


For the Autumn one I used the Ashlyn´s Alphabet Cartridge. The title is all in capital letters with shift. The decorations under and on top were with Flourish/shift button. The daydream word is from Life is a Beach Cartridge, on 8 with Title Words. The orange background is on Square Card, also on 8. The leaves are real. I got them on early fall and put them between books so I could use them later. Cute, isn´t it?

Where I´m from we never have changing seasons. It´s a place near Mexico city called Cuernavaca, and it has an average temperature between 70º´s and 90º´s all year long!  I have never experienced winter yet, therefore I don´t have any pictures of it...but I´m looking forward to taking lots of them when snow comes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails