Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Miracle of Life!

My friend Anita is having a baby girls this week, so I decided to make her a Scrapbook-two-page-set for Sophia´s room.

I like to work on projects like this because they motivate me to make them as beautiful and sweet as possible. This will be hang on the walls of that nursery room and every time mommy goes in there, she´s going to look at it, si it has to project happiness and sweetness and family union.


So this time I did a little something to the pictures in Photoshop first to make them smaller. I opened a new page and made it 6 x 4. Then I pasted 2 pictures in the 6 x 4 page and saved it as a .jpg


And also edit them on picnik.com to make them look all PINK with the effects of that web that is amazing. It has a lot of options to edit your pictures before you print them, so they can fit perfect in your scrapping creative ideas. And it´s FREE!


I chose two pages with the same pattern to be my background and cut the spaces to place the main pictures.

For that I used my Cricut and the Lyrical Letters Cartridge and cut a frame of 5" for each pictures.
Then I pasted the pics on the back of the page facing front...like this:  



The heart frame was made separate and then pasted, as well as the thin frame on the top. To see if it fits perfect, first I tried it with a template. It turned out to be 5" too.
The next step is to place the rest of the elements that will make your page look more decorated. For this I chose a picture of a flower that I previously edited and print. I cutted it myself (my Cricut couldn´t help tere, LOL) and place it on the blank space with other elements.

Now I want to have the newborn´s name on it so I choose a nice font on the Lyrical Letters Cartridge and cut it out.

Most of the times when I already have all my elements on the page, I play around with them, like pieces of a puzzle and most of the times end up changing my first template idea....you just have to flow and be open to new options.

At last, I finish it with some ribbon to give it the final touch.
...but wait. 
It´s not over. Remeber I said it was a double project?



Well, the other page has the same background and the same frame for the main picture but this time I cut it right in the middle of the page.

Now I arrange the pics for this page and spread them until I find a good way to place them. I make some paper frames for each picture and paste them.
Last but not least I cut another flower exactly the same as the previous one and place it on the blank space. If you put them together you will see that they do look like a set and they will make a beautiful decoration for Sophia´s New Room.   Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails